Sunday, April 11, 2010


Fine and Dandy.

So Beatniks are pretty awesome, right? I love 'em. What with the bongos and the coffee and the smoking and the snapping. Well... lately I've been thinking that their natural enemy, Dandies, might be more awesome? Probably? (In internet terms I think that the beatniks would be like the pirates and the dandies would be the ninjas)

I made this dandy tea towel this weekend:


and I have not once made a beatnik towel. I haven't made a beatnik ANYTHING. In fact, if I were to do a beatnik embroidery, I don't know what I'd do. Animal maybe? Like, a beatnik badger? I think it would have to be a forest animal. Like, they all sit around a little tree stump drinking coffee and playing the toadstools in their little acorn berets.

But anyway. A Dandy! After reading the WAY MORE INFORMATIVE THAN IT PROBABLY NEEDED TO BE site www.thedandy.org... I know now that I was wrong about dandies. I thought they were more like Oscar Wilde?

...but actually they are more like Fred Astair. Disappointment.

1 comment:

Kent said...

The ones like Oscar Wilde? "Mandees". You're welcome.